|3M™ Dynatel™ Cable/Pipe Locator 2250M and Cable/Pipe and Marker Locator 2250M-iD incorporate advanced electronics to quickly and efficiently trace the path of underground cables and pipes (with metallic tracer wire).
Information such as a pre-programmed unique identification number, facility data, owner information, application type, placement date and other details from up to 100 markers can all be stored with date/time stamp, and GPS coordinates*, and transmitted back to your PC through a standard RS232 serial port for enhanced resource management.
They provide accurate cable/pipe, or Sonde depth measurements, giving a digital readout in inches, feet and inches, or centimeters (user-selectable). Lightweight, compact and well-balanced, these cable and pipe locators allow you to accurately and easily:
• Locate cable and pipe path
• Measure cable/pipe, or Sonde depth with the push of a button
• Display relative signal current in the cable or pipe
• Identify cable using toning
• Tone shorts and grounds in aerial cable
• Identify cable pairs through wet sections
• Locate energized power and CATV cable